The Phoenix Historic Preservation Commission will hold a public hearing on the APPEAL by Preserve Phoenix of the Historic Preservation Hearing Officer's decision to approve the demolition of the Clinton Campbell House, 357 N. 4th Avenue in the Roosevelt Historic Neighborhood, one of the last 50 remaining buildings in Phoenix from the 19th Century.
The meeting will be held in the Phoenix City Hall Assembly Rooms A & B, 200 W. Washington St., 1st Floor.
You're welcome to share your ideas, stories, and photos about the Clinton Campbell House and Roosevelt Neighborhood:
• How the Clinton Campbell House could be incorporated into any future development.
• How the Clinton Campbell House offers value and authenticity to the city, more so than vacant land.
• How the Clinton Campbell House is a statement of the development of the Roosevelt Neighborhood and inner circle of downtown Phoenix at the turn of the century, and thus is important for historic associations and reflection of community development.
• Recognizing Clinton Campbell is an influential person in our city's history, active in the building trades.
• As we all know, «The greenest building is the one already standing» and the primary material of the Clinton Campbell House is brick, a sustainable material.
#thisplacematters #thisplacemattersphx #preservephx #azhistory #dtphx