You are hereby invited to participate in the TENTH Annual No Pants Light Rail Ride in Phoenix. This is part of The No Pants Subway Ride, which is a global event started by Improv Everywhere in New York in 2002.
Now for some details…
* When: Sunday, January 7th at 1:00 pm (Over around 4 pm)
* Where: Start/End Locations below
* Bring: A backpack/bag and a Light Rail pass
* Wear: Normal winter clothes (jacket, hat, etc.)
* Mid-ride Meetup: DeSoto Central Market
WHAT TO WEAR
You can wear almost any type of underwear you want – except thongs or g-strings. If you’re going to wear boxers we encourage you to wear briefs underneath them in case your fly separates. You can get in trouble for indecent exposure if you reveal too much!
Take your pants off on the light rail platform or before you get there. If you’re worried you will be cold on the platform, you can take off your pants on the train, just be aware that’s a little bit trickier and more crowded.
If you are wearing your pants to the event, bring a bag or purse to carry them once you de-pants.
HOW TO ACT
Do NOT tell people you are doing a prank! While you’re riding, act as if nothing strange is going on. Do what you’d normally do on the light rail – listen to your iPhone, read a book, etc. You have no idea why others are not wearing pants. If anyone asks, have a simple excuse prepared for why you’re not wearing pants – you were hot, you forgot them, etc.
We will have photographers on hand to take pictures documenting the event. We need everyone else to just act casually. If you bring a camera, be very discreet and only take a few pictures. It’s supposed to look like a normal train ride.
Don’t disrupt the Light Rail! While the Phoenix Police Department said that wearing your underwear in public isn’t illegal, don’t do anything dumb. You are responsible for all your actions during this event.
* West Side – riders will board the first eastbound train from the 19th Ave./Montebello stop at/after 1 pm.
* East Side (Mesa) – riders will board the first westbound train from the Sycamore/Main stop at/after 1 pm.
* ASU Tempe — riders will board the first westbound train from the Veterans Way/College Ave stop after 1 pm
* Sky Harbor Airport — riders will start in Terminal 4 (while wearing pants). Before 1 pm, remove your pants (publicly or in a bathroom) and meet your fellow pantsless riders next to the A-Z Kids Store at 1 pm. We’ll walk to the Sky Train and take it to catch the light rail at the 44th Street/Washington Stop.
Everyone disembark at the Central/Roosevelt station, and head over to DeSoto Central Market on the SE corner of Central and Roosevelt. DeSoto has several options to get food, and will have $3 domestic pints, $4 craft pint of the month, and $5 well drinks.
We’ll socialize at DeSoto until about 3:00, then take a group picture. After that you’re free to head back on the light rail or hang out as long as you want.
UPDATES AND PICTURES
Make sure you RSVP for the Facebook Event — that's where we will post any last minute updates, and information as we're going along!
You can follow us on Twitter for any last minute news or updates as we go. The hashtag to use for Twitter (or Instagram, Flickr, or anywhere else is): #NoPantsPhx
Event Photo by Devon C Adams Photography.