Are you one of the millions of Americans who suffer from CLBP Chronic Low Back Pain? In these current times this growing epidemic is causing great spinal curve distortions mostly due to bad postural habits.
Many of us sit, drive and look down at a screen a lot through our day. This prolonged rounding in the spine has caused postural compensation patterns in the body that will take time and a mindful approach to unwind and release.
For this workshop, our slow gentle process towards realigning the spine will be primarily focused around the use of the latest and greatest prop-the Shakti Yoga Wheel.
In this workshop Amber will:
· introduce the Shakti Yoga Wheel and why it’s different
· briefly discuss the anatomy and function of the physical spine
· explore pranayama (breath work) techniques that highlight imbalances along the shushumna (energetic spine)
· guide a comprehensive wheel-centered asana practice that includes: deep stretches, forward folds, twists, leg strengthening, and restorative postures.
· reserve plenty of time for Q & A and helpful customized “homework” for each body.
*Wheels to borrow will be supplied and for possible purchase through Amber directly.*